Just a few forms and approximately 15 minutes- Apply now!
How can my business get reimbursed for PPE?
Business Applicants Must
• Have a business located within Stanislaus County boundaries that was open for business prior to March 19, 2020
• Provide a copy of a valid business license or 501c(3)/501c(6) for non-profits and a current W-9
• Submit receipts or invoices for purchases of PPE dated May 1, 2020-January 29, 2021
• Demonstrate the adverse effects of COVID-19 on the business
Applications are reviewed and funding is issued on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications will be accepted through January 29, 2021, at 5:30 pm
Reimbursements up to $10,000 or more per business.*
QUALIFYING EXPENSES &
Equipment and supplies purchased between May 1, 2020 – January 29, 2021, to comply with social-distancing requirements are eligible for reimbursement.
• Sanitation and disinfection for workspaces
• Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. face coverings, gloves, Plexiglas/sneeze guard barriers)
• Remote access/remote work equipment
• Software programs/applications to support remote work
• Additional liability insurance for restaurants applicable to State of Emergency orders
• Other expenses such as tents, outdoor furniture, signage, disposable menus, etc., may be eligible, however, they will be reviewed on a case by case basis. (not a comprehensive list)
At a minimum, the following documents must be included
• Copy of Valid Business License or 501c(3)/501c(6) for Non-Profits or Chambers of Commerce
• Copy of most recent W-9
• Receipts for Reimbursement (as of and/or after May 1, 2020 – January 29, 2021)
• Any additional documentation needed to support the application and/or the business' losses
The following expenses are excluded from WorkSafe reimbursement. (Not a complete list)
• Payroll, including benefits
• Rent, Lease or Mortgage Payments
• Transportation, Lodging or Meals
• Federal, State or Local Taxes and Penalties
• Marijuana Industry
The following factors will exclude applications from reimbursement consideration
• Businesses that have received any grant monies or financial assistance from any other local State, City, County assistance program
• Businesses not in good standing with Stanislaus County and/or the city they represent
• Incomplete Application
• Missing Required Documents
• Receipts Not Matching Reimbursement Request
• Business Not Meeting Eligibility Requirements
The WORK Safe Stanislaus Reopening Assistance Program is a $500,000 total award program that is designed to assist businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19 through reimbursement funds for Personal Protective Equipment and other related equipment/service that were necessary purchases to keep the business open and from laying off employees. This program is funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act and funds will be awarded on a first-come-first-served basis. The program application process will open on October 26, 2020, and close on January 29, 2021, or when all award money is gone. Consideration of reimbursement will be given for purchases that fit the scope of this program and that were made between May 1, 2020, through January 29, 2021. Reimbursements up to $10,000 or more per business.*
*Total reimbursement amount may exceed $10,000 per business based on a review of the application, accompanying documentation and program criteria.
Uploading Additional Documents for Reimbursement
Please send in one application. If you have additional receipts/invoices to submit for reimbursement, a new application will need to be submitted but the attached business license and W-9 are not required with the second application.