The WORK Safe Stanislaus Reopening Assistance Program is a $500,000 total award program that is designed to assist businesses that have been adversely affected by COVID-19 through reimbursement funds for Personal Protective Equipment and other related equipment/service that were necessary purchases to keep the business open and from laying off employees. This program is funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act and funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis. The program application process will open on October 26, 2020 and close on January 29, 2021 or when all award money is gone. Consideration of reimbursement will be given for purchases that fit the scope of this program and that were made between May 1, 2020 through January 29, 2021. Maximum $10,000 reimbursement per business.*
• The Business cannot have received any grant monies or financial assistance from any other local City/County assistance program.
• The Business must be physically located within the geographic boundaries of Stanislaus County.
• Businesses must have been open and operating before the COVID-19 Stay-at-Home Order was given on March 19, 2020.
• A copy of a valid Business license must be submitted with the application.
• The Business must submit a current copy of its W-9 form.
• Businesses must submit copies of all receipts and/or invoices supporting the amount they are seeking in reimbursement and those receipts/invoices must be dated within the allowable time frame of the program: May 1, 2020 – January 29, 2021.
• The Business must demonstrate how they have been adversely affected by COVID-19 by answering all application questions completely.
• Businesses must be in good standing with Stanislaus County and/or the City which they represent.
The following factors will exclude applications from reimbursement consideration:
• Incomplete Application
• Missing Required Documents
• Receipts Not Matching Reimbursement Request
• Business Not Meeting Eligibility Requirements
Equipment and supplies purchased between 05/01/2020-01/29/2021 to comply with social-distancing requirements are eligible for reimbursement.
Eligible Expenses (not a comprehensive list)
• Plexiglass barriers
• Outdoor furniture
• Printed menus
• Payroll, including benefits
• Rent, Lease or Mortgage Payments
• Transportation, Lodging or Meals
• Federal, State or Local Taxes and Penalties
• Marijuana Industry
Please provide documentation which supports the business’ losses. At a minimum, the following documents must be included:
• Copy of Valid Business License
• Copy of most recent W-9
• Receipts for Reimbursement
(as of and/or after 05/01/2020-01/29/2021)
• Any additional documentation needed to support the application
Applications are reviewed on a first-come first-served basis and will be accepted October 26, 2020 at 8:00 am through January 29, 2021 at 5:30 pm. Maximum $10,000 reimbursement per business.*
Click here to apply or click the link below.
*The item(s) purchased must support business’ response to COVID-19 by allowing the business to remain open and/or to avoid the laying off of employees.
Pre-Authorization is required for any single item or the same item purchased in multiple quantities where the total of the item(s) exceeds $4,999 including tax.
All pre-authorizations will be submitted to the State for approval under Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Regulations for approval or denial. You will receive a follow-up email once a decision has been made regarding the outcome of your request.
Uploading Additional Documents for Reimbursement
Please send in only one application. If you have additional receipts/invoices to submit for reimbursement, please contact SCWD at [email protected] or (209) 558-4473 to request that the secure portal be re-opened for you to submit additional documentation.