Stanislaus County Business Grant
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I still apply for this Business Grant if I have received monies from the previous Small Business Relief Program or loans from the City of Modesto or SBA?
Yes, your business is eligible to apply.
2. Will Stanislaus County Business Grant applicants be awarded on a first come first serve basis?
No, grants will be awarded based on a scoring criteria approved by the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors.
3. What is the scoring criteria that will be used to determine awards?
The criteria will be presented and approved by Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors public meeting on Tuesday August 25, 2020 at 9:00 AM.
4. I don’t know how to complete the application on my own. Is there any assistance available to help me submit the application and gathering the required documents?
Yes, please contact (209) 558-4473 for assistance.
5. Who is eligible for a Stanislaus Count Business Grant? What requirements must be met?
Business must be a for-profit, independently owned business geographically located within Stanislaus County.
6. What documents do I have to submit with my application?
A list documents required to complete an application can be found here.
7. Are home based businesses eligible to apply for the Stanislaus County Business Grant?
8. Are self-employed/independent contractors eligible apply for the Stanislaus County Business Grant?
9. I own a franchise. Am I eligible to apply for the Stanislaus County Business Grant?
Yes, independent franchises are eligible. Corporate-owned chains are not eligible.
10. Are non-profits eligible for a Business Grant?
No, an assistance program for local non-profit organizations is forthcoming.
11. I have multiple businesses that have been negatively affected by COVID-19. Am I able to apply for multiple businesses?
Yes, please submit separate application for each business you would like considered for a grant. Additionally, complete documentation for each business application is required.
12. How secure is the Egress application portal?
The Egress software provides intelligent email security to prevent accidental and intentional breaches, and protects sensitive data. It is used by top global investment banks, healthcare providers, and government organizations worldwide.
13. I submitted my application, and forgot to attach one or more of the required documents. Should I resubmit another application with the missing document(s)?
No, please submit one application only. If you need to submit additional documents with your application, please contact (209) 558-4473. A Business Services Representative will be able to assist you with submitting additional documentation.
14. Why can’t I go back and look at my application after I’ve submitted it?
Once documents are uploaded and your application is submitted the secure portal will close.
15. How will I know if my application and documents were received?
You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received. Please check the email account that you used on your application.
16. I haven’t received any communications. Is there something wrong?
If you have not received a confirmation email please check your junk or spam folders. If you haven’t received an email please call 209-558-4473.
17. Can I request an extension to submit my application or documentation after the deadline?
No, all applications and supplemental documentation must be submitted in the Egress portal before the deadline of August 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
18. When will I be notified that my application has been approved or denied?
Within 90 days from the deadline date of August 28, 2020, you should be notified.
19. If my business is awarded a grant is there any additional reporting required?
Yes. You will be notified upon approval of your award.
20. How can I follow up on the status of my application once it has been submitted?
Please contact a Stanislaus County Workforce Development Business Services Representative at (209) 558-4473 for any information regarding your application.